Interested in having a professional or volunteer from the National Museum of Nuclear Science and History speak to your group, organisation, or students on a live virtual tour of this Smithsonian-affiliated museum?
It is a national nuclear science information centre created by Public Law 102-190 of the United States Congress and is located in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The Nuclear Museum will provide the Zoom platform for a tour with a Museum professional in which all attendees can participate and interact with their own guide as their group explores their chosen area of the National Museum of Nuclear Science and History.
With some 3,000 m2 inside and almost 4 hectares outside, there is a lot to see!
How to do the visit
There are several options:
- Personalised tour of the museum by selecting two or three different exhibitions: A tour of 2 exhibitions lasts approx. 30 - 45 min at a cost of $25 and a tour of 3 exhibitions lasts approx. 45 min - 1 h at a cost of $50. There are 9 available:
- Manhattan Project
- Trinity, the first test
- The Dark Cube
- The Cold War
- Heritage Park
- Atomic culture
- Energy Encounter
- Nuclear Waste Transport
- Nuclear Medicine
- Special promotion: Choice of two exclusive VIP tours with the museum's executive director, Jim Walther.
- Collections Tour with Jim Walther (30-45 min): You will visit an area of the museum's private collection where all of the institution's objects not currently on display are managed and preserved, surprising viewers with the presentation of a unique artifact that is not available to the general public, allowing your group a completely unique experience.
- General tour with Jim Walther (45 min): Enjoy an overview of the 14 National Museum of Nuclear History and Science exhibits.
In addition, the following should be taken into account:
- Maximum capacity per group: 20 people (additional capacity may be increased for an additional charge, to be consulted when contacting the museum).
- The tours are in English.
- Opening times: 9 am - 5 pm. If your group is in a time zone that makes it impossible to fit in with the museum's schedule, you can email email@example.com to opt for the possibility of pre-recording a specific tour for your group.
- It is possible to pre-submit questions to be answered at the end of the tour.
To request a visit, please fill in the form with your requirements: Form and the Museum will contact you for confirmation and further information, you will then receive a link to make the payment.
For more information in general or about the catalogue of available exhibitions, click here: The National Museum of Nuclear Science & History
601 Eubank Blvd SE
Albuquerque, NM 87123